I have 400 thoughts in my head and none seem to warrant their own blog post....so I end up with a running mash-up of things I'd love to say. It seemed only fitting to post those in a blog titled with my favorite mash-up song! Girl Talk is a DJ who specializes in digitally samplizing songs to create something catchy and amazing. If you dig that kind of think please click here and give a listen. So I think I've mentioned it before but I LOVE to make lists. I joke that being a Project Manager is my perfect gig because 1/2 my day is spent making check-lists. :) Without further ado, here is my random sampling of updates:
- The weather in Boston has been AMAZING. Last week I got to bust out my sandals for more than just a pedicure - my toes were excited for the fresh air.
- With amazing weather comes fantastic sunrises and sunsets. I'm not very weather savvy (I have friends and apps for that) but I swear the best time to view the sun in all it's glory is a spring/summer morning or evening. This shot was taken at 5:45 on my way to a HiiT class - I literally kamikazed across 2 lanes to snap it. So worth it! <3
- A few weeks ago I hit a weight-loss milestone and was featured in a lovely article by my studio, peep it here. I don't blog about weight-loss anymore but it is definitely front and center in my life. Perhaps I'll have a little special feature at some point here.
- To that extent I am currently driving towards an aggressive goal - I have 5 months to lose 5 inches off my hips/booty. Why 5 inches? Well I went and got fitted for my bridesmaid dress for Layne's wedding and my upper body + lower body are not the same dress size (dammit ghetto booty!). Since the top is so intricate and tailored the woman fitting me recommended buying 1 size bigger than my top needs....which is 2 sizes smaller than my booty needs. So I have 5 months to shrink 5 inches off my lower half so I can rock the hell out of this dress. :) No pressure? LOL.
- As mentioned in a previous post I've been doing the dating thing. It's not as scary or terrible as a I thought and I actually have found it to be a largely positive experience. You find out a lot about yourself by meeting someone new. What things will you share? What things define who you are? While I am currently not seeing anyone serious I am confident that I will find someone cute to bring to aforementioned fabulous wedding. <3
- For the first time in my life I realize the juggling it takes to have a successful career, active social life and maintain a healthy diet/exercise routine. Shit is exhausting! I feel like this meme most days:
- I'm going on vacation with my beloved Mom in less than a month. Super excited to be reunited with our happy place, Santa Monica. Secretly hoping a pair of too snug jeans fit by then. There will definitely be a Santa Monica post once we return!
- I might actually make a summer bucket list ~ and stick to it! Especially since many of my adventures should take place in the summer. What is your favorite thing to do once the nice weather hits?
- Two of my closest work friends are expecting babies. I am so excited for new kids to spoil and for the next chapter in their lives. It's really humbling to watch people you adore and knew before they were even married get excited about parenthood!
- Speaking of Parenthood, if you ever need a good cry Season 5. All day, every day. See what I did there? ;)