Too Good (2016 Year in Review)
I've been trying to find the perfect song to title my year in review for 2016 and honestly, it was difficult! I feel like 2016 had some kickass musical contributions. I opted for "Too Good" by Drake and Rihanna. Not only did I drive my brother crazy putting it on repeat in the car more times than I care to admit but I also realized how many things in my life I was too good for - very symbolic!
Some times you reflect on the year as it comes to an end and you think "ah well, I didn't do anything monumental but the year was OK"....that was not the case for 2016! I had a freaking whirlwind year and I was excited in reviewing my posts and pictures to share the highs (and a few lows for perspective!).
Wonderful things that happened in 2016:
- Continued to fall in love with fitness thanks to Studio Poise and the amazing community that supports all my goals. I hit 100 pounds lost over the summer, celebrating losing "a Brittany" (one of my favorite friends I've made at SP!) then in the fall I lost "a Danielle" (the woman who got me to actually commit to making my life better - love her). I truly feel like a new person and I am so excited to enter 2017 and kick some serious ass!
- My BFF, Layne got married! It was a super fun year of planning and the wedding itself was great. We were all sad it was over!
- I quit my job of 13 years and moved to a new role in a company very much outside of my comfort zone. It was scary as hell but I am starting to navigate the company and I am so thankful to my boss who brought me over!
- I got serious about my finances, hiring a financial planner (whom I pay in baked goods, lol) and setting goals for myself that I am crushing. I'll post more about the strong link between weight and debt later, it's a topic near and dear to me. I'm ending the year with the best credit score I've ever had and a solid plan to get me where I want to be by summer of 2017.
- I actively dated! Now, don't get too excited since I'm typing this while curled up on the couch solo watching "Love Actually" and munching a peppermint bark scone - but I did it. I put myself out there and I met people outside of my "type" and it was an incredibly eye opening experience!
And in the spirit of transparency, not so wonderful things that happened in 2016:
- I doubted myself. A LOT. So much that it prevented me from taking advantage of all life had to offer me. I got really in my head and it took it's toll for a bit. Thankfully I'm out of that headspace now!
- I didn't travel out of New England. Not once! Serious bummer.
- I held on really tight to something that was never mine to begin with. Apologies for vague-booking but I'm ending the year accepting there are some things that cannot be, no matter how much you wish they could. I finally decided I am too good to be second best.
- I lost touch with some friends - it sucks but it's the ebb and flow of life unfortunately. Not everyone is meant to stay in your life forever.
- I did not check all my fitness items off my bucket list - but this just means they roll into 2017!
As promised in my last post I took advantage of the Winter Solstice and I let some shit go and welcomed what I'd love to see in my life in 2017. Here's a sample of the notes I burned in the fireplace:
I am a self-proclaimed goaldigger and I have already set my 2017 goals, enlisted my support system, built progress trackers etc. I am ready for next year to be the BEST year. More about those in January!
Thanks for reading, supporting my adventures and cheering me on! I hope you can appreciate your own 2016 lessons and welcome a new year with a fresh page (or a new book - whatever works!).