I've loved Chantal Kreviazuk for years. I think I first heard her when I bought the Serendipity soundtrack (love the movie and the soundtrack!). “This Year” is the perfect song for my 2017. I've done the pre-work needed to live the amazing life I want. Now it's time to make it happen! “This year, is gonna be incredible.This year, is gonna be the one. All the planets are lining up for me. This year, I'm gonna have fun.”
2016 has been one of the best years for me personally in a long time. I feel like I have finally gotten my act together on so many fronts (weight loss, finances, career moves). If we were in a movie this would be the montage scene where you see ¾ of my hard work in quick cuts before it plays the last quarter in slooooow motion to relish the successes I'm on the brink of. LOL.
Back on January 3rd I posted the follow intentions (set in sparkles, I crack myself up!): 2016 Intentions. How'd I do? Really good actually!
I had more adventures, I learned to really love yoga, I let go of SO many things no longer serving me from clothing to relationships to ideals to jobs and I sought love. Mostly I discovered how to love myself and as freaking cliche as it sounds it's REALLY important. You can't be smiling on the outside and self-sabotaging on the inside - it doesn't work.
I realized the power of setting goals at the end of 2015 and I swear it's made all the difference in actually accomplishing my dreams I've been blogging over at the SP site and I recently shared my formula for successfully crushing goals: How Do You Set Goals? So I thought it only fitting to share my goals / intentions of 2017!
- Hit my goal weight (Studio Poise and my support system have got my back here. I have clothing size milestones and ideas for clothing rewards along the way. The accountability end of this one will be the hardest, I love to cook and eat so I need to negate that with kickass workouts and moderation). Also it's worth noting that goal "weight" is a loose term - currently I'm a size 18/20 and yet not the weight I was the last time I could fit into these clothes. Body composition is a crazy thing!
- Pay off my credit card debt / beef up my savings (Work husband is also my financial advisor and we have a detailed, solid plan and weekly checks in place to ensure I rock this. Being financially responsible isn't always fun but it's always rewarding to see my debt go down and my credit score go up. It's also great to have someone who doesn't let me feed into my old habits - without him my impulse purchases would be at an all-time high!).
- Find my future husband (again, I've got a plan for this one. LOL. I mean obviously I can't tie this down to a specific timeline but I fully believe in putting out what you wish into the universe and then taking the necessary actions to meet it halfway. The last year I've done so much work on myself and I've dated so many different kinds of guys I think I have the qualities that best balance me out narrowed down and I'm enlisting the people who know me best to help me make this happen).
- Advance my career (I'm finally in a place to make big things happen and this is huge year I get to do it thanks to my awesome boss. I'm super excited to build a PMO and be able to look back in a year and see how far we've come as a group this time next year!).
- Seek adventures big and small (fitness bucket list is getting some major checks in 2017! In 2016 I conquered TRX, found catharsis in walking, tried spinning and fell in love with kickboxing. I can't wait to try snowshoeing, SUP this summer and aerial yoga plus much more). My friend Meg inspires me to be more active with all of her adventures!
What are you tackling this year? How will you hold yourself accountable? How will you celebrate?
I can't wait to write to you 365 days from now sharing my next set of goals! Cheers to a great year, friends.