February Air was a song in an Old Navy commercial ages ago and I found it super funky. February is usually a welcome month, but more so this year than ever. January was ROUGH and I'm glad it's over. I feel like it was the trail run to 2017. I'm looking forward to a short month filled with love <3.
First in the spirit of honesty let's review those January goals.
I vowed to:
- Conquer a winter activity - Wah, FAIL! We have legit NO snow and it's been warm so the skating hasn't been an option either. :(
- Get more adventurous with my cooking. PASS! I have made a few new things including Beef Bulgogi - omg so good!
- Complete 35 workouts before turning 35. PASS! I got *exactly* 35 workouts in - without even planning. Love it!
- Adequately celebrate this birthday. Yeahno. The month took a turn emotionally and I did not feel like celebrating. There was brunch w/ SP girlfriends and there was cake with family but that's it.
- Continue focusing on the positive Also no. I got into a really shitty funk for January and I'm still working my way out.
- Bonus: Book a vacation! California, here I come! Not yet, but plans are still in the works! I have some commitments I need to schedule around and once those are sorted I can pull the trigger.
All in all not as bad as I thought I did! The weather is so funny, we have less than an inch of snow right now and thanks to TimeHop I know in years past we had upwards of 2 feet. Global warming, anyone?
So for February, shortest of all the months I'm focusing on LOVE - Galentine dates (so excited for this, thanks Katie!), girly cocktails, embracing some "love map" style work and really letting go of the negativity from January. What else am I doing?
- Plank challenge! I've noticed my planks need work - I've been modifying on my knees for a while now and it's time to get back into proper form! Link to the one I'm doing here.
- Add more Leg classes - SP offers an amazing class called "Nothin' but Leg" and I seem to never make time for it in my schedule.
- Mix up my schedule - This one kills me but I am in a bit of a workout safe zone...I haven't been changing my schedule around for 6-8 weeks and that's not good. I am such a creature of habit!
- Getting on the dreadmill - for real. I want to conquer the 5k goal this spring that I set last year before hurting my knee so I need to get my ass in gear and on the dreaded treadmill. GAH!
I also want to continue my little monthly selfie routine. Here's one from right before my dinner date with my Montreal BFF Christine. This top is from NY & Company (love them) and the tag says "16". Not gonna lie, it got me incredibly excited and I had to show it off to Team Sam! Haha. Note to self: need a full length mirror!