I swear, there are so few songs about months it's crazy. :) The best I could find to fit the theme was March by Joshua Redman - I'm not much of a jazz listener but it was pretty catchy!
I took a little unintentional pause from blogging for a few weeks. I go through phases where I have SO MUCH to say - but no time to actually craft an entry....then times where I want to share but can't find my words. I was caught somewhere between both of those worlds - but I'm back and chatty as ever. :)
February was a funny month. We had a TON of snow in Boston and I had a weekend+ of plans canceled etc. then it was 70 degrees and it all melted. No lie - we went from nearly 2 feet of snow in the back yard to wearing flip flops and getting pedicures. Ha. So how did I do with my February goals? Overall it was a MUCH better month than January, so that's a win.
In February I wanted to:
- Complete the plank challenge! I've noticed my planks need work - I've been modifying on my knees for a while now and it's time to get back into proper form! Link to the one I'm doing here.
- Add more Leg classes - SP offers an amazing class called "Nothin' but Leg" and I seem to never make time for it in my schedule.
- Mix up my schedule - This one kills me but I am in a bit of a workout safe zone...I haven't been changing my schedule around for 6-8 weeks and that's not good. I am such a creature of habit!
- Getting on the dreadmill - for real. I want to conquer the 5k goal this spring that I set last year before hurting my knee so I need to get my ass in gear and on the dreaded treadmill. GAH!
Guess what?! I COMPLETED THEM ALL! Woo!!
The plank challenge was the worst - I torqued my right shoulder and I am 99% sure it was from the 110 second day - I was losing my grip and in the process of shifting my weight I totally toppled over to the right and DAMN it hurt. I've been icing it and taking it easy w/ planks and pushups for a bit.
I joined a gym - it's this warehouse in an industrial complex full of no bullshit people working out. I love it. My brother and my dad go there and they both see a trainer who I also started seeing. Mike and I have been cross training with weights and actually getting on the dreadmill together which admittedly has been awful and great. I'm sore in ways I haven't been in a while - and finding myself appreciating my muscles more than before! I forgot all the funny things in a gym since I've been working out in a girly studio for the last 18 months. Like how dudes have to grunt while lifting and leave their sweat everywhere (ew). I also forgot how scary it can be to workout someplace new, but that's a blog for another time!
I managed to get at least one (maybe 2?) Nothin' But Leg workouts in this month and I bought myself gliders so I could do a faux Danielle Bradley booty workout in my living room until she comes back from maternity leave and picks back up her Saturday booty class of death. These gliders are legit NO joke!
So what am I tackling in March?
- Stick to workout schedule! (below) - it’s aggressive but I have some serious goals I want to hit this year so it’s time to hustle.
- Get back to clean eating 80/20 - I had started a Whole 30 but after 4 days I fell off. I just found being this restrictive wasn't working for where I am in my life - and that happens. Instead I'm going to focus on food prep for the week (something that has seriously fallen off since working from home) and only the occasional "cheat" (rather than the daily treat).
- Complete the 40 bags in 40 days Lent challenge. I am a pack rat and working from home has actually made this worse. I end up with piles in my room, piles in my office, boxes from when I left my office job in September collecting dust - ugh. Time to spring clean!
- Last but not least read 3 novels this month. I read for work (PM magazines, process books - yawn) but I haven't read for pleasure in a while and I saw this article online so I've decided to give a few of these a try.
I am excited for the month ahead and excited for SPRING! Now having said that I fully accept we may have more snow before April, but that goes without saying given this is New England, lol. ;)